Terms & Conditions for Guests
- CottageStays rents to responsible parties 25 years, or older. A valid Driver’s License, or other acceptable photo identification is required prior to arrival. CottageStays reserves the right to refuse service.
- Most cottages have check-in after 4pm and check-out by 10am
- A security deposit of $500 is due 10 days before arrival and will be returned in full within 14 days of Checkout
- Cancellation Policy: The deposit will be refunded as follows:
100% less $50 cancellation fee, if cancelled up to 30 days prior to the Check-in Date
50% less $50 cancellation fee, if cancelled up to 14 days prior to the Check-in Date
$0 if cancelled within 14 days of Check-In
The cottage guest will not be refunded for a late arrival or early departure.
- If the Cottage Owner is struck by disaster prior to occupancy, then all contracts will be NULL and VOID. In the highly unlikely event that the Cottage Owner shall be unable to provide the cottage for occupancy CottageStays shall refund, in full, to the Guest all monies paid to CottageStays.
- Each cottage has a Maximum Occupancy: Violation will result in removal without refund. Parties and large gatherings of any kind are strictly prohibited.
- For legal purposes, the person placing the reservation must occupy the property. This person is considered to be the Guest. All other persons involved with the rental are considered to be the Guest’s invitees, and all discussion regarding reservation, cancellation, and damage policies will be discussed
with the Guest, not the guest’s invitees. Please list first/last names of all persons who will occupy the property. Anyone who occupies the property who is not listed, will be trespassing (which is a criminal offence).
- Uninvited Pets: Cottages are often visited by mice, squirrels, etc, and insects that fly such as black flies, mosquitoes and crawling insects such as ants and spiders. These creatures are a part of nature. Much care and effort has been taken to prevent these visitors from entering the Cottage. Often mother nature
circumvents all man-made obstacles. Therefore the Cottage Owner does not accept such irritations as grounds for cancellation of a rental and/or a refund of monies.
- Amenities: While we do our best to ensure all amenities advertised for the rental unit, (such as but not limited to WiFi, satellite/cable, hot tubs and saunas) are in working order during your stay, we cannot guarantee them. The failure of WIFI/satellite/cable, mechanical, electrical or electronic equipment or items that take place during your stay will not void or alter this Agreement. We will do everything they can, within reason, to correct and restore reported conditions or such problems, as soon as possible. Any issues presented after check-out cannot be remedied, and are not cause for compensation to customer.
- The cottage guest shall assume responsibility for any willful or negligent damages to the cottage and its premises. This is why it is so important that you report any damage to the Property upon arrival or occurrence
- The cottage guest should not attempt repairs and should contact the cottage owner as soon as possible to make emergency repairs.
- The cottage owner requires that the cottage renter have liability insurance. By signing below you acknowledge that you have the required insurance. The Owner DOES NOT provide insurance covering loss to any of the Guest’s belongings. It is the responsibility of the Guest to make sure all valuable and personal items are removed upon checking-out of the property. Agent and Owner are not responsible for any items left behind in the Property.
- NON-DISPARAGEMENT: Guest and attendees agree not to disparage the company, cottage or owner. Guest agrees to address any problems, either before or after the rental, directly with the company rather than by making disparaging or negative statements (blog posts, reviews, etc.) about the company, house or owner, online or otherwise. Any guest who does, under their own name, a pseudonym, anonymously or by any other means, disparage the company, house or owner will be held financially responsible for any damages done to the owner’s business or reputation.
- Smoking IS NOT permitted inside the cottage.
- QUIET TIMES: Guest and all tenants agree to observe quiet time from 9pm to 8:00am, not limited too but to include any loud music, shouting, or other actions that would violate the noise ordinances or upset neighbors
- PARKING: there is a max # of parking spaces at each cottage. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only
- Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner or the Agent access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner and the Agent shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner
Pet Addendum – for those that allow pet(s)
Traveling around and staying in unfamiliar places can be a scary experience for your pet. Try to pack a few familiar items such as a blanket from home and even your pet’s food dishes and water bowls. Extra toys are a great idea to include plenty of distractions because it also stops dogs chewing on furniture. These items can really help ease their anxiety in a new environment. The more you can help make a new place feel like “home”, the more relaxed your pet will be.
The Guest shall be solely responsible for the pet while on the property.
hereby agrees to comply the following:
Pet must be leashed at all times.
Guest is responsible for cleaning up any/all pet refuse. If any refuse is found on the property an additional $150 will be deducted from your security deposit. Make sure you check the property for all refuse before you leave.
Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees.
All pets are to be treated with a topical flea and tick repellent prior to arrival. Fleas and ticks are very rampant
Pet must not cause damage to premises or furnishings. If damages are caused, please be honest and let me know as soon as it occurs – that way we can work together to find a reasonably priced solution. And I can get a replacement
before the next guests arrive hopefully not affecting their vacation as well.
Guest should prevent pets from producing excessive noise that disturbs neighbors.
Pet will not be left unattended either indoors or outside at any time eg. patio, yard, or porch.
Homeowner assumes no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
RELEASE OF CLAIMS FOR USE OF HOT TUB-for those that have a hottub
- The cottage guest agrees to use extreme caution and care in the hot tub and to pay any repair charges. The cottage guest further agrees that all above-mentioned will shower and/or clean feet prior to use of hot tub.
Furthermore, agreement is made that NO oils, bubble bath, soaps, other liquids, or any other harmful materials will be used in the hot tub. No glass products whatsoever are allowed in or around the hot tub.
Our hot tub is inspected, chemicals adjusted and refilled seasonally. It is normal to see white particles in the water which is the bromide sanitizing. If any items such as soaps, bath products, food, alcohol, etc. are found in the tub,
the guest will be charged a cleaning fee of $100
Damage to any cover will result in a $400 charge. Cover should remain on the hot tub at all times when not in use.
Guest agrees that there will be no horseplay in the hot tub as well as not to sit on, jump on, or misuse the hot tub cover in any manner.
The cottage guest further agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless CottageStays and it’s owners, and employees from any and all claims, damages liabilities, or losses whatsoever arising out of or in any way associated
with the cottage guest and your invitee’s use of the tub, including but not limited to death, personal injury, or property damage.
RELEASE OF CLAIMS FOR USE OF SAUNA-for those cottages that have a sauna
Sauna use is inherently risky. I understand/agree that I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR ADDITIONAL GUESTS and that I assume all risks associated with additional guests using the sauna. I will ensure that any minor will be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian or responsible adult. I understand/agree that sauna use, heat tolerances and human physiologies vary for every individual and that I have no underlying medical conditions that may disqualify me from sauna use. I agree that if I am uncertain of this I will conduct my own research and consult a physician prior to use.
- The sauna is not a playhouse!
- I understand that there will be a $50 cleaning fee charged at the discretion of the Rentee/Releasee if the sauna is left in an excessive state of uncleanliness.
- No jewelry (may burn skin), No glassware (will shatter in the heat)
- No drinks other than water (sugar alcohol will stain the cedar) Be very very careful with alcohol consumption as the sauna will dehydrate you. I recommend drinking a bottle of water prior to sauna use.
- All stove surfaces are hot and can cause burns, use extreme caution.
- The Renter agrees to pay for any damage to the equipment, and to replace the equipment at full retail value if it is damaged.
- By signing this agreement, you agree that you will abide by all sauna safety brochures and signs
- The cottage guest further agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless CottageStays and it’s owners, and
employees from any and all claims, damages liabilities, or losses whatsoever arising out of or in any way associated
with the cottage guest and your invitee’s use of the sauna, including but not limited to death, personal injury, or property damage.
Terms & Conditions for Hosts
- The Owner represents and warrants that it is the lawful owner of the Unit and has full
authority to execute this Agreement.
1.1. The Owner authorizes the Company to be his/her agent for the purpose of
executing all documents relating to the rental of the property on the terms set out in this agreement.
1.2. the Company agrees to handle all inquiries generated, qualify prospective clients,
confirm reservations, administer agreements pertaining to any and all bookings, to collect deposits and balance of all accommodation charges
1.3. Owner agrees that all information concerning persons occupying the Unit,
specifically including without limitation; names, addresses and credit card data, is the sole and exclusive property of the Company. This Agreement does not give Owner the right to use the service marks or trademarks of the Company.
- Terms of Agreement; Termination; Effect of Termination
2.1. The “Term” of this Agreement will start on the date it is signed by the Owner (or last signed by any Owner, known as the “Effective Date”) and will continue until terminated by either party on ninety (90) days’ prior written notice. Following a notice of termination, the Company will stop accepting rental reservations for the Unit for any dates occurring after the date specified in the notice.
2.2. Following receipt of Owner’s notice of termination, the Company will use its reasonable efforts to transfer any confirmed reservations scheduled to arrive on dates after the notice of termination to another comparably priced unit(s). In the event that a transfer cannot be accomplished, the Company may transfer the affected reservation(s) to a higher priced unit, and Owner will pay the Company any difference in the rental rate. If another unit is not available and the Company must cancel a reservation because of Owner’s termination, Owner will pay the Company any out of pocket expense incurred by the Company, including but not limited to returned deposits, rental payments and credit card charge backs.
3.1. During the Term of this Agreement Owner agrees to pay for and keep in effect liability insurance in the minimum amount of One Million dollars ($1,000,000).
3.2. Owner will ensure that the Unit at all times complies with all applicable building, fire and life safety codes.
- Mutual Indemnification:
4.1. Owner will indemnify, defend and hold the Company and all of their officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries and affiliates harmless from and against any and all loss, cost, judgments, expenses, attorneys’ fees, suits, liabilities, damages or claims for damages arising out of the Owner’s gross negligence or willful and intentional misconduct, except as provided below in Section
4.2. the Company will indemnify, defend and hold Owner harmless from and against any and all loss, cost, judgments, expenses, attorneys’ fees, suits, liabilities, damages or claims for damages arising out of the Company’s gross negligence or willful and intentional misconduct.
- Management Services:
5.1. Owner will furnish and maintain Unit in the same manner and condition as it exists as of the Effective Date, including, but not limited to: maintaining the levels of kitchen inventory, furniture, furnishings and appliances as determined by the Company.
5.2. Owner will, upon notice from the Company, pay for any repairs deemed necessary by the Company to maintain Unit in such manner and condition as they exist as of the Effective Date.
5.3. Owner authorizes the Company to charge rental guests at the Company’s option either refundable damage deposit (which may be in the form of a credit card authorization) or a retained fee for a security deposit program.
5.3.1. the Company will use commercially reasonable efforts to charge the cost of any damage, losses, or theft against the guest’s damage deposit. Household items such as kitchenware and small appliances, linens, decorating accessories, a DVD, a music CD, and other similar items (“Expendable Items”) are deemed expendable and are therefore not covered by this Section 5.3, except for obvious or blatant damage or large scale theft. the Company will take into account normal wear and tear in calculating the replacement costs for items covered by this Section 5.3.1.
5.3.2. the Owner accepts reasonable wear and tear of the cottage property and contents by guests relating to conditions of furniture, buildings, equipment etc.
- Cottage Availability:
6.1. From the date of this agreement the Property Owner agrees to provide the
Company with notice of the time periods during which the cottage is available for bookings.
6.2. Only after verifying with the Company that no pending or confirmed bookings are being held by the Company, shall the Property Owner be at liberty to use or remove time periods already identified, as per 6.1 above.
6.3. The Property Owner understands that any bookings arranged by the Company based on the availability given to the Company constitute a binding agreement between the renter and the Property Owner.
6.4. If the Owner lists the Unit for sale or otherwise offers to sell or transfer legal or equitable title to the Unit, other than by a mortgage or deed of trust, the Owner will promptly notify the Company of such listing or offer for sale. Owner will cause any Realtor showing the property to communicate first with the Company in order to cause the least disturbance to guests who may be occupying the Unit. Owner agrees that any contract for sale of the Unit will provide that the purchaser will assume this Agreement, but only with respect to any confirmed rentals of the Unit which are scheduled for dates beyond the date of closing under said contract. Owner expressly agrees to notify the Company in writing within three (3) days of any sale or change in control of the Unit by faxing or emailing the Company
- Contents and Description of Cottage Property:
7.1. The Property Owner agrees that the cottage inventory list provided to the
Company will accurately represent the inventory and description of the cottage contents at the time of any bookings.
7.2. That in the event that any item on the inventory list has changed, the Property Owner is to notify the Company immediately.
7.3. That in the event, the Property Owner is unable to supply the accommodation as described, particularly in respect to fundamental elements such as power, water, refrigeration, cooking etc., the Property Owner understands the renter will be refunded accordingly, and the Property Owner portion of the rental will be reduced accordingly.
- Accommodation Rates:
8.1. The accommodation rates will be determined by mutual consent
8.2. The accommodation rates will be reviewed annually by the Company, and
recommendations made to the Property Owner, to determine appropriate increases or adjustments.
8.3. The accommodation rate described above, does not include optional charges such as providing linens, etc. Nor does it include any agency administrative service charge which may be charged to the renter.
- Fees for the above described services shall be as follows:
9.1. the Owner will pay an annual listing fee of $100
9.2. The Company’s charges for booking the property are 20% or a minimum of $150 of the Accommodation rate per booking. Such charges are payable only on weeks booked by the Company.